The Hollidaysburg Borough Public Works Services Department has established the street sweeping schedule for this year. Sweeping will be conducted in your area at least once per week during each scheduled month, according to the following schedule.
Street sweeping is conducted on a "weather permitting" and "available personnel" basis - however, every attempt will be made to sweep the streets in each designated area according to the established schedule.
Street sweeping serves several purposes, in addition to just keeping the streets clean. Routine, regular sweeping of our streets:
- keeps debris and pollutants from entering the storm sewer system and ultimately the Beaverdam River
- removes debris, such as loose gravel and leaves, that may contribute to an accident, may cause damage to vehicles, or may be hazardous to bicyclists and pedestrians
- reduces wind blown dust and road debris onto adjacent properties and reduces airborne pollution
- helps improve the visibility of pedestrian crosswalks
- improves the overall appearance and aesthetics of our community
Your cooperation with this public service program is greatly appreciated!